Cross referencing broken on v2.0.0?

Hello EPI for Java Authors,

Thanks again for the book!

Recently the book on Google play got updated from 1.6.1 to 2.0.0 and there are many cross-referencing errors, I believe. The page numbers are off too. This confuses me a whole lot.

See for example the following question marks:

This is compounded by the fact that the page numbers displayed don’t match (the book says 254, the navigator below says 248/517):

The search/indexing is also broken. For instance, if I search for “merge lists”, I get these results:

But the result listed for page 97 is actually on 115 (book) / 109 (navigator). Clicking on that result takes me somewhere else. This is a real problem :frowning:

Am I the only one, or should we expect a new update?

Regards,
George.

0 Likes

Hey @Curious.George,

Thanks for the report, and we will update that later shortly. It is just some issues happening to our build system. C++ version is fine but Java is problematic. However, this shall be fixed shortly.

0 Likes

Thanks for your response, Tsun-Hsien! Eagerly awaiting an update …

• George.
0 Likes

Hey @Curious.George,

I think the broken reference (??) is fixed, but the search part is Google’s problem :frowning: We did not do any indexing (in fact, I have no idea how to do that). Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Likes

Hi Tsun-Hsien!

Much better as of today! The version remains at 2.0.0, the cross-refs have been restored and my mental mapping (indicator page# - actual page# = 5) has also been restored. Indexing seems to work too. Thank you for your quick turnaround!

Regards,
George.

0 Likes