eBook not available offline in Chrome Web App

Can the authors please fix the Google Play eBook so it can be downloaded offline?

I’m using the Google Play Books app in Chrome. It says “This book is not available offline”. This makes the eBook useless for me, as I need to use it when I don’t have internet connectivity. I’ll probably refund it as a result.

It’s this book: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Adnan_Aziz_Elements_of_Programming_Interviews_in_J?id=ux3PCwAAQBAJ

Thanks!

0 Likes

The Adobe Digital Editions PDF is also terrible quality - extremely blurry fonts. I tried it out in the hope of offline usage, but it’s basically unusable. It’s worse than Pearson DRMd books even.

Come on guys, this is a tech PDF. Why the insane DRM? :frowning:

0 Likes

Oh well, I’ve refunded. Let me know if you guys decide to make your ebook usable and I’ll repurchase.

0 Likes

Hi @nvarsj,

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I think you might consider the physical book.

I tried the offline feature on my phone and tablet, it is offline readable in App. Also, I think we cannot change what Google Play book is doing as it is their feature we cannot control.

Feel free to let us know if you have any problem.

0 Likes

Hi @tsunghsienlee - other books I have in google play store can be downloaded for offline reading inside the Chrome app. So I’m not sure what’s different about this book? It would be great if you could get to the bottom of it!

0 Likes