Share solutions for the variants

Hi,

I really enjoy reading the book. The most useful part, in my opinion is the solutions. I can solve some of the problems, but after reading the solutions, I learned new design/ideas and implementation skills. I really enjoy reading the solution for each problem.

Another interesting thing is the variants to each problem, which are both interesting and valuable. Unfortunately, there is no solution to invariant. I would be really appreciate if you share out the solutions for variants on the website. I am even willing to pay a separate price for the variant solutions! At least, I would hope you can post the code for the variants(since your code is quite readable and meaningful) for learning purpose.

Thanks again for writing such a wonderful book and have a good holiday weekend!

Jeffrey

3 Likes

It’s not a bad idea. I have a related question though, what’s the difference between variant and ε-variant?

0 Likes

Are the solutions available now? Solutions to variants would be really helpful. Most of the times want to check whether the solution I come up with for variants is correct/optimal or not. It would be great if the solutions are available.

0 Likes

+1
@sneha29shukla
Especially since people tend not to solve variants, so many personal repos of EPI solutions don’t contain them.
In contrast, I’m working my way through all the problems, including variants. I only have about 90 problems done, but if it helps, my solutions (+ tests) are here. They’re mostly in Kotlin, with some Groovy.

0 Likes

Thanks! This helps! I will go through them.

0 Likes

Hi @lgtout,

Many thanks for your generous sharing of those solutions, and it is really cool to see the community here helps each other!

0 Likes

@tsunghsienlee :grinning: Thanks for the encouragement!!

0 Likes

@lgtout
if only your solutions were in java! Anyway, nice work buddy!

0 Likes

@wolfBlade Thanks!
But, what do you mean?
Kotlin IS Java! :wink:

0 Likes

@lgtout really? I never knew. I’ve heard of Kotlin before but have no idea about it. Thanks.

0 Likes

@tsunghsienlee Any plans to share variant solutions in near future?

0 Likes

Hey dude can you help me with a problem if it’s not much to ask?

It’s just the variant 2 of 5.5-Removing Duplicates from sorted array(Arrays chapter)

0 Likes